Talk With Your Doctor
Discussing these newly available treatment options with your doctor can be initially intimidating, but much of the stigma attached to cannabinoids is on its way out, as is evident with the Compassionate Use Act. Talking to your doctor about the possibility of incorporating CBD into your treatment regimen is acceptable and legal. In establishing your best medical treatment plan it is crucial to have open and honest communication between you and your doctor.
Your primary physician might not be familiar with the laws regarding the recommendation of low-THC CBD oil, so feel free to refer them to this site or the Texas Dept. of Public Safety website for more information.
Here are a few good questions to ask your doctor:
- What do you know about cannabinoids effect on my condition?
- What form of consumption would you suggest?
- What are the potential side effects of cannabinoids?
- How will this course of treatment interact with the other medications I’m taking?
If Your Doctor Is Not Registered
Your first conversation should be with your trusted primary care physician, as they are most informed about your condition and current course of treatment.
If for whatever reason, your primary physician is unwilling or uncomfortable issuing a recommendation for this new treatment option, you can choose to seek out a physician that is more familiar and comfortable with low-THC CBD oil.
Need Access to a Registered Doctor?
If you need help accessing a physician that can discuss your options and answer your questions our patient access partner SnapMedicinal can help. Pre-register below to be the first to know when physicians are accepting appointments and receive treatment.
Pre-register today to:
- Be the first to know when physicians are accepting appointments
- Meet with registered physicians from the convenience of your computer or smart device
- Receive treatment immediately following physician’s approval
Receive Treatment in 3 Easy Steps
After you pre-register, we will notify you when physicians are accepting appointments.
Meet a physician online from the convenience of your computer or smart device.
Following the approval of a qualified physician your medication will be available at a licensed dispensary.